For the younger student, the quality of this microscope is unmatched. The single cast frame holds up to the abuse of younger users while letting them engage in a real microscope experience.
It's so important to remember that the goal isn't just to have our students understand scientific concepts, but they also need to be masters at the skills required to operate the tools of the trade. This microscope presents that opportunity.
The rechargeable LED eliminates the need to run wires for power; a classroom management advantage any teacher will appreciate! The charge holds, on average, for an entire school year. You should expect to only have to charge these once or twice a year with regular use.
A one-touch stage clip makes it easy for smaller hands to swap out slides. The eyepiece lens includes an arrow, allowing teachers to easily identify the focus of the slide.
- Widefield 10x /18mm eyepieces.
- 45° inclined monocular eyepiece.
- 4X, 10X and 40X objectives.
- 70mW/3.5v rechargeable LED illumination with intensity control.
- Separate coarse and fine focus.
- Rugged cast aluminum, gray enamel finish.
- LIFETIME limited warranty, excluding bulb, cord, and fuse
- Develops the conceptual skills AND motor skills required for microscopy. The objectives of this microscope allow students to view samples as small as a cell.
- Scientific Concepts:
- Microscopes & Magnification
- Light & Optics
- Microscopic Explorations
- Conceptual Themes:
- Properties of Matter
- Changes & Reactions
- Structure & Function
- Suitable for students from grade 4+ with adult supervision. This is the same quality elementary grades microscope included in the LabLearner hands-on system.