More advanced subject matter requires a more advanced microscope. The LabLearner Middle School Microscope contains a 4th, oil-immersion, objective; allowing the viewer to explore samples as small as bacteria.
As with our primary microscope, it is important for students to progress towards more sophisticated equipment. As concepts explored increase in complexity, so too should the tools used. This unit allows the intermediate student to understand what a powerful microscope lets you do. You will find this same quality and caliber microscope being used in professional laboratories.
Superb optical clarity and reliable mechanical engineering assure years of top performance. This unit is supplied with semi-plan lenses which deliver excellent clarity and 80-85% flatness of field.
- Widefield 10x /18mm eyepiece
- 45° inclined binocular viewing head rotates 360° for easy sharing by more than one student
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.) and 100xR oil immersion (1.25 N.A.) semi-plan objectives. All are parfocalled, parcentered and color-coded
- Quad objective turret is ball-bearing mounted for smooth, precise positioning of objectives, features textured rubber knurling for easy grip. Mounted in reverse position to facilitate ease in changing slides
- 3W LED variable illumination
- 110V-220V external auto-switching power supply
- CE certified
- Coaxial coarse and fine focusing controls
- Coarse has tension adjustment
- Fine is graduated
- Large 140mm x 135mm rackless mechanical stage
- Built-in, low profile, ball-bearing mounted mechanical specimen holder with low-position coaxial controls, 70mm (x) by 50mm (y) movement with graduations of 0.1mm
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser has rack & pinion focusing and iris diaphragm
- Rugged cast aluminum, gray enamel finish
- Base dimensions: 185mm x 235mm (7-1/4 in. x 9-1/4 in.)
- Height: 420mm (16-1/2 in.). Net wt. 6.3 kgs (13.9 lbs)
- LIFETIME limited warranty, excluding bulb, cord, and fuse
- Develops the conceptual skills AND motor skills required for microscopy. The objectives of this microscope allow students to view samples as small as bacteria.
- Scientific Concepts:
- Properties of Matter
- Solutes & Solubility
- Cellular Organization
- Cell Cycle and Cancer
- Core Concepts:
- Properties of Matter
- Changes & Reactions
- Structure & Function
- Suitable for students from grade 6+ with adult supervision. This is the same quality Middle School grades microscope included in the LabLearner hands-on system.